Thursday, 3 April 2014

Treatment for Video Installation

I've decided to do my video installation on freedom. The way I want to convey that through video is to show someone walking. To make it engaging it'll just show the feet walking but on different textures, so grass, pavement, road, mud etc. I think this conveys the concept of freedom because freedom is essentially being able to do what you want, when you want, and walking around different places shows this at a very basic level. Being able to walk out your house is a very basic freedom that we take for granted.

I want it to be a very simple video so it will just be my legs walking, from my point of view, but with music in the background, and I may also show what's in front of me and what I'm walking towards to keep it interesting. Walking is also a very simple thing that most people can do, and we all do it everyday. It's also very significant when we learn to walk, and then after that we just forget that we even do it, so I want the people watching my video to be grateful they can walk, and to be grateful we have the freedom to wander out our houses and go anywhere we wish.

I'm going to film me walking to my local park as it has a small forest in there which I think will look visually pleasing, on the way to my park there are stairs which I think would look cool when I walk up them, I might even put effects on when I'm walking up the stairs. It'll also show the pavement and then the contrast between that and the park floor.


No comments:

Post a Comment